Interest rates are low, inventory is low, there is an abundance of buyers in the market looking for a deal AND we are in the middle of a pandemic! This makes the home buying process intimidating even for a seasoned home buyer let alone a first time buyer. BUT, do not be afraid! It is a great time to buy and we can guide you through the entire process. We have reached out to many of our past clients and friends and they were ready and willing to give their very best advice to help all the new buyers that seem to be jumping into the market to take advantage of these historic market conditions. Here are the top 5 responses:
- Take a good look at the neighbors and surrounding area for build out or future projects. We can be a great resource in your research. Our website has incredible information on the North of Boston area and specific towns and neighborhoods found here. https://www.farrellyrealtygroup.com/about-the-area/.
- Check all home details while in person - open & shut every door, closet, cabinet. Turn the water on at every faucet to see pressure and drainage. Get home inspected! Our preferred vendor page has excellent home inspectors for you to choose. https://www.farrellyrealtygroup.com/vendors/category/inspection-services/
- Assume you will be in charge of maintaining all the outdoor space; when looking at main street homes remember parking for guests and keep in mind, that an outdated house can be updated, but if you have lack of storage space, it can be a problem!
- Take into consideration the Winter season when buying a home in the spring or summer, especially look at the driveway!
And the final piece of advice from our homeowners is……
- FIND A GOOD REALTOR! A Realtor will guide you through the entire process and represent you and your interests the entire time! Check out what services Farrelly Realty Group can provide for buyers. https://www.farrellyrealtygroup.com/buyers/buying-with-frg/